To keep pace with BRAC’s focus on adolescents and youth as a special group of the country, Brac University (BracU) offers quality tertiary education, as well as financial support to meritorious students who come from disadvantaged communities. BRAC University promotes the values of lifelong learning as part of its social responsibility initiative for the development of the country. Student recruitment, retention, and graduation are key components of BracU’s strategic plan. Hence, scholarship and tuition waivers are offered to attract students with high potential, remove financial barriers and provide access to qualified students.
Each semester, Brac University is proud to honor academically talented and exceptionally skilled students with a variety of scholarships and awards. The university annually awards more than 100 million takas as scholarships to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
BRAC University Scholarship
BRAC University provides the following Scholarships/Financial Aid:
- Based on the Previous Academic Results
- Based on BRACU Admission Test Results
- Merit Scholarship Based on BRACU Academic Results
- Sibling Scholarship
- BRAC Scholarship
- Physically Challenged Students
- Children of Freedom Fighter
- Debater’s Blue Scholarship
- Children of BRACU Staff and Faculty
Scholarship/Financial Aid will be awarded to all undergraduate and graduate students who meet the eligibility criteria*.
- All applications for scholarship/tuition waiver must be submitted within the deadline announced by the university.
- Only one of the waivers will be awarded to a particular student.
- All categories of tuition fee waiver will depend on the availability of funds.
- Students applying for renewal of their tuition fee waiver in any category will have to take minimum 12 (18 for pharmacy) credit course load.
*The financial aid policy is subject to change as guided by exigencies.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The process is designed to attract a high-quality student body, add diversity to the student population, remove financial barriers for qualified but financially disadvantaged students and assist in meeting institutional and regulatory compliance requirements. For any queries or for sending a Scholarship application please email: [email protected]
- Read eligibility in detail (Undergraduate)
- Read eligibility in detail (Postgraduate)
- Merid Based Scholarship Policy (updated)
- Application form for Local Students (Undergraduate)
- Application form for Local Students (Postgraduate)
- Application form for Foreign Students
BRAC University Tuition Fee Waiver
Tuition and other fees waiver for Postgraduate Programs
[ For all BRAC University Post Graduate Programs except ECD, Med and MPH programs]
Graduates from Public University and UGC approved Universities will get 20% – 40% waiver on their tuition fees based on their undergraduate results.
Discounted fee – BDT 3,000/- per semester
Please visit Freshman fee structure for all fees details.
Minimum Courses per Semester:
A minimum of 2 courses per semester is required in order to avail the scholarship.
Students having tuition fee waiver may also apply for other scholarships, if eligible.
For details, visit: http://www.bracu.ac.bd/aid