The idea of establishing a private university to provide quality education at an affordable cost in Bangladesh was first mooted by a group of prominent academics, business leaders, professionals and education enthusiasts led by Dr. Mohammed Farashuddin. With this end in view, this group formed a non-profit, non-political, charitable organization called Progoti Foundation for Education and Development (PFED). East West University is its first major project. After being accorded permission by the Government under the Private University Act (Act 34) of 1992, East West University was launched in 1996. Classes started in September 1996 with 6 faculty members and 20 students in the campus located at 43 Mohakhali C/A, Dhaka-1212. Today there are over 434 faculty members and approximately 10500 students enrolled through a process of selection.
East West University Subject List
A. Faculty of Sciences & Engineering
B. Faculty of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
C. Faculty of Business & Economics
A. Faculty of Sciences & Engineering
B. Faculty of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
C. Faculty of Business & Economics
East West University Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Programs (Except B.Pharm)
|1. Minimum GPA of 3.00 in both SSC and HSC Examinations. or|
2. Candidates must have passed University of London and Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level in at least five subjects and ‘A’ Level in at least two subjects. Only the best five subjects in ‘O’ Level and best two subjects in ‘A’ Level will be considered. Out of these seven subjects, a candidate must have at least 4B’s or GPA of 4.00 in the four subjects and 3 C’s or GPA of 3.5 in the remaining three subjects. (in the scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 and E=1. or
3. American High School Diploma, AND
4. Acceptable EWU Admission Test Score.
5. Total GPA of 5.00 in both SSC and HSC Examinations for the children of Freedom Fighter.
6. The final selection of candidates for admission in the Undergraduate Programs at EWU will be based on the Admission Test scores obtained with 75% from admission test, 10% from SSC/O-level and 15% from HSC/A-level.
Admission Eligibility for Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
|1. Candidate must have a minimum aggregate GPA 6.50 in SSC/ O level or equivalent and HSC/ A level or equivalent examinations (in a total scale of 10).|
2. Candidate must pass SSC/ O level or recognized equivalents and HSC/ A level or recognized equivalents in Science Group and obtain a minimum GPA 3.0 (in a scale of 5) without any additional subject.
3. Candidate must pass HSC/ A level or recognized equivalent examination with a minimum GPA 3.0/Grade B in Chemistry and Biology separately and a minimum GPA 2.0 in Mathematics (on a scale of 5).
4. Candidate must pass HSC/ A level or recognized equivalent examination in 2021 or 2020.
5. Foreign students must have passed 12 education years and got same grades in equivalent examinations from foreign recognized institutions.
6. The student must pass HSC/ “A” level or recognized equivalents with the following science subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
7. However candidates having no Mathematics at the HSC/ “A” level or recognized equivalents may be admitted, but they need to take an extra 3 (three) credits course on Mathematics relevant to B. Pharm. curriculum.
8. Admission should be based on competitive written test evaluations. In addition to written test, an oral test may be taken for further assessment. (Recognized equivalents mean Education Board, Madrasah Board and Bangladesh Technical Education Board)
Graduate Program (MBA & EMBA)
|Graduate Program (MBA & EMBA):|
Admission to the MBA & EMBA programs are selective. To apply for admission, students must fulfill the criteria outlined below:
1. Successful completion of at least a Bachelor degree from a reputed University, and
2. Minimum GPA of 2.50 in both SSC and HSC Examinations. or
3. Candidates must have passed University of London and Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level in at least five subjects and ‘A’ Level in at least two subjects. Only the best five subjects in ‘O’ Level and best two subjects in ‘A’ Level will be considered. Out of these seven subjects, a candidate must have at least 4B’s or GPA of 4.00 in the four subjects and 3 C’s or GPA of 3.5 in the remaining three subjects. (in the scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 and E=1
4. For MBA Work experience after graduation in an executive position is preferred but not essential.
5. For EMBA Must have at least two years work experience after graduation in an executive position.
6. MBA written test will be waived to the graduates of EWU with a CGPA of 3.80 and above in Undergraduate level.
7. Admission into EMBA programs will be on the basis of interview
Seven points were calculated on the basis of the following criteria:
|1st /GPA≥3.5||3||1st /GPA≥3.0||5||1st /GPA≥3.0||1|
|2nd /GPA≥2.5||2||2nd /GPA≥2.5||3||2nd /GPA≥2.5||1|
|3rd /GPA≥2.0||1||3rd /GPA≥2.0||1||3rd /GPA≥2.0||0|
Required Documents During Admission:
All Academic Certificates & Mark Sheets/Transcripts in original and photocopies
(Original copies will be back/return after verifying with photocopies)
East West University Admission Admission Test Waiver
The candidates securing a minimum total score of 1000 in SAT (considering Critical Reading, Math and Writing). The candidates seeking admission in the Faculty of Sciences and Engineering must have minimum CGPA 3.5 in Math and Physics separately in HSC/A level examinations in addition to above mentioned SAT scorer to get waiver from the Admission Test. Students who have completed a two-year Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university can apply for admission into the four-year undergraduate program. However, EWU will consider applications for credit transfer only in cases where previous academic performance meets EWU degree requirements.
East West University Admission Admission Requirements for Foreign Students
Foreign Students particularly who come from other systems like US High School Diploma, Indian/Nepalese system etc. (not from SSC/HSC or O/A Level etc. system) the admission eligibility will be as follows:
- Must be 12 years of schooling.
- SAT score of 1100 or
- Pass with at least upper 50% marks/grade of their own education system.
- Foreign students fulfilling the admission eligibility need not appear at the Admission Test.
An equivalence committee will assess and recommend for satisfactory grade for the applicants who seek admission in EWU with US High School Diploma or who come from other systems. A committee will assess and recommend for waiver of Admission Test, Scholarship etc. (if applicable) for foreign students and the students from other systems.
East West University Admission Result 2022
East West University Admission Test Result Summer 2022 will be published on EWU website. You will get East West University Admission Test Result 2022 in Bducation.com also.
East West University Ranking
|East West University (EWU) is ranked 1st Position among the Private Universities & 4th Position among both the Public & Private Universities of Bangladesh in 2022||https://www.ewubd.edu/news/east-west-university-top-private-university-bangladesh-ad-scientific-index-ranking|
East West University Admission Circular Spring 2022
East West University Address
The Admission Office
A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue | Jahurul Islam City | Aftabnagar |
Dhaka-1212 | Bangladesh
Phone: 55046678, 09666775577
Email: [email protected] [email protected]